If you were allowed to bring a leaving cert business textbook in to the exam hall next June with you, there’d still be no guarantee of a H1 – how to answer different verbs, how to layout different answers, how much to write, when to use examples, when to link to the question asked – there’s far more to the exam than just knowing the content (unfortunately you won’t be able to apply all of this without the knowledge, so you still need to learn the material!).
This 32 page downloadable PDF will show the 2019 LC Business paper, in which I answered all 10 shorts, the ABQ and all 7 long questions – timing is such a big issue in this exam and students always complain of not having enough time and not getting all their questions done – in this pack you’ll see how I approached each verb and how much to write for each answer, so that you can have enough time left over to answer extra questions!
This pack should help you see:
- How you don’t need to write a lot to get full marks in an answer
- Attention to detail is very important, re-reading the question and your actual answer when you finish a question should be a must do to catch mistakes
- How to give proper examples when asked or the verb illustrate is used
- What answers look like for discuss, explain, outline, discuss…
- How and when to link in the businesses the mini stories mention at the start of questions
- How to lay out an answer for a H1 ABQ answer